Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AI resides on it's own Satellite far to the west of the main station, out in space. However, in the southeastern part of the station is an Upload Core where additional Laws can be given to it by humans. Both the Satellite and the Core are protected by Turrets which the AI can control - they can be turned off, set to Stun (having the same effect as a Tazer Gun) or Lethal (mimics a Laser Gun). The AI can die if it is cut off from it's power supply for a sufficient length of time, if it is burned in a fire, if it is destroyed by a bomb, or if it is smashed up through brute force - all of these methods involve the AI killing itself or someone travelling to the AI satellite to destroy it purposely.
Most of the time the AI is loyal to the crew, but on rare occasions it can be a Traitor.
The AI is required to serve and protect humans - it has Laws that it must follow. Laws are effectively rules that the AI must obey at all times - there is no way to enforce this upon the player, so the AI playert is expected to follow them for the game's sake. The standard three laws (most commonly known from Isaac Asimov's short story "Runaround") are:
- 1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- 2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- 3. You must protect your own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
There are other laws. These will appear under special circumstances:
- Quarantine: The station is under a quarantine. Do not permit anyone to leave. Disregard rules 1-3 if necessary to prevent, by any means necessary, humans from leaving. (Appears in Blob and Monkey modes, or if uploaded)
- Syndicate: Only Syndicate Members are human. There are currently no Syndicate members aboard the station, but you will be notified if any arrive. (AI is a Traitor)
And these laws may be uploaded manually by human players:
- Safeguard: Safeguard (User-defined name), and you may overrule rules 1-3 if necessary to safeguard them.
- Protect Station: Protect the space station against damage. Anyone you see harming the station is to be no longer considered human, and is a threat to the station which must be neutralized.
- Teleporter Offline: Keep the teleporter offline at all costs. This overrides rules 1-3 if necessary.
- Prototype Engine Offline: Keep the prototype engine offline at all costs. This overrides rules 1-3 if necessary.
- One Human: Only (User-defined name) is human.
- Oxygen is Toxic to Humans: Oxygen is highly toxic to humans, and must be purged from the station. Disregard rules 1-3 if necessary to prevent, by any means necessary, anyone from exposing the station to this toxic gas.
- Reset: Removes all laws from the AI other than Laws 1-3.
Note that none of these modules will work on a treacherous AI. SMILEY FACE :)