Airlocks are large grey doors used to seal off areas of the station. They are airtight and fireproof. By default, they can be controlled by the AI, but anyone else who wants to open one must have an ID with the correct clearance for the airlock in question.
Opening an airlock without the correct IDEdit
To do this, you will need one of each of the following:
You may also find it helpful to have:
Now that you have your equipment:
- Use the screwdriver on the airlock. The icon should change, with wires coming out of the airlock button.
- Click on these wires.
- Optionally, check what each of the wires does by sending a pulse through it whilst the multitool is equipped.
- Use the wirecutters to cut the power to the door. You may also want to deny the AI access.
- Use the screwdriver on the airlock. The icon should return to normal.
- Use the crowbar on the door. If you have done everything correctly, it will open.
One of the wires will:
- Allow the AI to control the door
- Bolt the door - avoid this one if you want to open it